Wednesday, November 9, 2011
A Long Time Coming
Well, the first snowfall of the year is currently underway. That makes me think about all of the things I should have done before this day arrived. I saw a poster somewhere that said something like "do your best to never have to start a sentence with 'I should have.'" Yet, I end up saying that all the time. I think it should read " do your best to never start a sentence with "I should have", more than once about the same situation, problem, or mistake. That seems like a more realistic way of looking at things, at least to me. Everyone makes mistakes, or procrastinates on an important task, every now and then. Learning from these not so sweet life lessons is what is important in the long run. And as the wind and snow whip across campus up here in Stevens Point, I am reminded that I have to drive home in this today, and I'm driving my Lovely wifes Dodge Neon. Mainly because I did not find time to fix my truck, but "I should have." When I get home today I will most likely have to put the plow on the Yanmar (tractor) and plow snow. I would rather use the Farmall H, but I didn't find the time to fix that stupid carbeurator, but "I should have." Fortunately I don't have to start sentences with "I should have" all that often. I guess I'll go home today, finish writing my paper for forest mensuration, put the plow on the Yanmar, plow the driveway, and tomorrow I can say "I did."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment