It has been some time since my last blog entry. I kind of put it off after the end of the last semester. Now, I don't have any Internet access where I will be staying in Wisconsin Rapids. That may become a problem in the future. All that aside, I am ready for the challenge of the next semester. I have spent the last few days getting to know the UWSP campus and facilities. I have also picked up the necessary books and materials. It still seems like a dream when I tell people that I am going to be attending UWSP. When I was walking around campus I felt like a completely different human being, or maybe just outside of my body and looking down on myself. Fortunately for me my algebra class transferred over as math 90, and their math 100 that I am taking doesn't look much different than what I was doing last semester. I am very excited for the first day of school.
I am staying at my in laws while I am attending school, and it seems like it will work out pretty well. I have my own bathroom which is nice. I also will have all kinds of toys to play with. Such as: tractors, atv's, horses, goats, and dogs. Not that the latter of those are toys, but they will definitely be fun to play with. I fixed one of the tractors last week. It had been sitting in the garage for two years, and no one thought I would get it to run. I guess they don't know how stubborn I can be when it comes to fixing things. Now I will start on the four wheeler, it really needs a tune up.
I managed to quit smoking about three weeks ago. I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and couldn't smoke, so I just decided to quit. It has definitely been difficult, and will continue to be difficult for some time, but it is already worth it. I can breath better, I don't wheeze and cough all night long, and I have more time on my hands to concentrate on more important things. I realized that whether I was smoking or not I would constantly crave cigarettes, so not smoking is the same as smoking except I'm not smoking. I don't know, it made sense in my head, and that's all that matters.
Hopefully I will be able to blog more frequently in the near future. I hope everyone is doing well, and good luck in the next semester.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Jamie,
I'm glad that things are going well. I hope you are becoming acclimated to your new home and campus. Good luck this semester, I know you will be successful.
Sheila
PS - congratulations on quitting smoking!
Post a Comment