Thursday, November 19, 2009
Time to kill.
Once again it is time to put on the orange and head out into the woods. Many people in Wisconsin wait all year for gun season to start again. For me though, it usually means I'll get to spend a couple of days at the cabin, which in itself is worth the drive. No electricity, no Internet, and you can barely get cell coverage. Tucked away in the middle of a cedar swamp, and right on the edge Bob Howe Lake, it's very refreshing to leave civilization for a little while. I am hoping to come back with a deer, but that's not really all that necessary to have a good weekend. Hopefully this year I won't see any bear, at least not real close up, even though they are extremely fascinating. Usually me and my friend Matt just chill in the cabin, play some guitar, and sit by the fire. Hunt in the morning, have lunch, hunt till dark, and drink a couple of beers. I might bring my math book, but I really doubt that I'll actually look at it. Either way, it should be a pretty peaceful weekend, until Bambi walks out in front of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds like tomorrow and the rest of the week is going to be very fun for you. I don't know if I could survive a week without electricity, internet, and hardly any cell coverage. I live for my phone! Good luck on getting a doe or a buck and be safe out there.
Good Luck Jamie on hunting. I hope you have a great time hunting and relaxing. I think I could be out there for a about a couple of days, but not much more than that because I can't sit too long and I am always doing something. Hope you get a deer, but Brady, my 10 year boy, says try not to get Bambi, get his dad who has more points on his rack, lol. See you in school or if not you have a Great Turkey Day! Take Care and God Bless!
Post a Comment