Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let it snow.

It's getting colder every day now, and to be honest, I can't wait for it to snow. There's just something about the snow coming that enchants me and awakens my inner child. Even though I have to shovel the sidewalks and driveway, I'm still looking forward to it. One of my favorite things to do is drive crazy in the snow. I think everyone should do some donuts and power slides as soon as the snow flies, because this way you better understand how your vehicle will react if you accidentally lose control of the car. At least this is the reasoning I use to justify the way I drive in the snow. But, who doesn't enjoy flying sideways through an empty parking lot? Other reasons I like the snow are making snowmen, skiing, sledding, and hunting. Hunting is a lot easier when you have some snow to contrast against the animals in the woods. It is of course much colder, but that's nothing new, we live in Wisconsin. Winter weather is a part of life in the mid-west, and most people are already preparing for the cold months ahead. This includes draining outdoor water pipes, cleaning the gutters, putting plastic over drafty windows, and storing all the patio furniture. I usually forget to do most of this stuff until the last minute. Regardless of whether you have chores to do, or don't like snow, it will be here pretty soon. Hopefully, it will be here sooner than later, because if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow.

2 comments:

Megan Barbian said...

I'm not looking forward to the snow. I absolutely hate driving in it and I don't like the cold. I do however agree that winter is good for the hunting season because like you said, everything stands out better. The main reason I like snow in the winter time is because I know there won't be any ticks out. I am deathly afraid of ticks and you won't catch me going on trails or out in the woods at all during the spring, summer, or fall. Hope you have a good deer season!

A Good Life said...

Ok mister let's not get to excited about snow, because I am just not ready to except it, lol. I can understand why you want it to snow and if it is a choice between snow or real cold, I would pick snow any day. I do love to look at the trees and the hillsides when it snows. My brother from southern part of Iowa calls the hills around here mountains when there is snow on them. I have to chuckle about that once in awhile. I love making snow angels in the snow and having little harmless snow fights. I use to snowmobile and remember how fun that was, even when my feet were froze. I guess the more I think and write about snow, it doesn't sound to bad after all. Have a Great Week, Jamie. See you in class.